10/15/14

Weighty Wednesday--Tired of being an Oompa-Loompa

The only difference between me and an Oompa-Loompa is skin tone.

I'm short--check.

I'm round--check.

But I don't have hepatitis.

Well, okay, I don't have green hair either.

And I do have a slightly better fashion sense.

So why do I feel like an Oompa-Loompa?

True confessions here--through apathy, I've managed to regain 20 pounds of my 50 pound weight loss.

Ugh, that hurts to write down. But that's my reality. As I said when I started this weight loss journey, everyone has their own path to follow. I knew that if I changed my behavior too radically, I couldn't keep it up.

But I also knew that I needed to fill up on fruits and veggies.

And over time, I've stopped eating as many fruits and veggies as I should. My goal for this week is to eat my daily goal of fruits and veg--five or six servings worth.

That's it. I'm not planning to rewire my mental hardware all at once. I choose only one thing that I need to work on and focus on that. Too much info, then core meltdown.

See, here's the interesting aspect of this--the more fruits and veg you eat, the less processed food you want to fill the empty void. Whereas, if you eat just processed food, it is digested quickly, which in turn, makes you graze in your pantry.

Trust me on this, It's what I've been doing for over a year since I started putting this weight back on.

Another interesting note is even when I follow the plan in regards to the amount of PPV's allowed per day, I won't lose weight. I maintain weight. It's the addition of the fresh fruits and veg that help me drop this extra weight.

This is why you will hear your WW leaders say that you need to check off your good health guidelines--DAILY. If your intake simply follows that plan, then you will lose the weight.

This is my goal for the week, what's yours?

Later, Peeps!  

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies. Kale has been a big one that I've added. Your journey is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I originally started this blog as incentive for me to keep focused, but it really helps me to know that my words will help someone else. Thank you, Meg.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.