8/28/12

Happy Birthday to ME . . . and YOU!

FREEBIE EXTRAVAGANZA!
Here's the link to my Amazon profile. For some reason, FOR WHOM THE BELL TROLLS doesn't show up. You will have to type in the title. sorry.
 
My birthday is August 29th, and I'll be turning the ripe old age of 51.
I told you I would be honest on this blog. And no, I don't have any problem blabbing about how old I am. Besides, I dye my hair and I certainly don't ACT old.
The only giveaway is my skin. Yep, I have old lady skin, saggy, baggy and thinning.
And wrinkles. Lots and lots of wrinkles around my eyes, most of the time successfully hidden with Ironman wrap around sunglasses. I don't do the make-up thing. It's not that I can't do it, I simply don't. I'm lazy that way. But I can clean up nicely if needed.

Anyhoo, when I decided to self-publish The Goblin's Apprentice stories, I just wanted to get these stories into the hands of kids who wanted/needed to escape the realities of their lives. If I made a buck on it, then BONUS!

Well, I'm not making money on these stories. Shoot, I think I sold only a handful of them each month--literally. When you tally the amount earned against the amount I paid on cover art, the result is still negative. Giving them away hasn't resulted in much bigger numbers.
I stink at publicity. The freebies I gave away haven't been shared with others. No one is really bothering to give me reviews on the books, good or bad. Overall, the response to The Goblin's Apprentice has been "meh".
So as my final hurrah, I am giving away ALL SIX OF THE BOOKS from August 28-30. 
Three days of freebies for six stories.
Why?
Because of Greenwich Mean Time. I mean, really?

Trying to calculate when books will be free and off free around my birthday just made my head hurt. So I decided to take three days to do it.

All of these books should be available on Amazon's various incarnations: US, UK, DE, FR, IT and ES. I will link these books to the US Amazon store, but if you live in one of these other countries you might need to dig around a little for them.

The sequence of the books is:
TO GNOME ME IS TO LOVE ME, Book 1
THE FAST AND THE FAERIEOUS, Book 2
A MAZE OF MONSTER MIX-UPS, Halloween short story
FOR WHOM THE BELL TROLLS, Book 3
SUGAR PLUM DISASTER, Christmas short story
LOST LEPRECHAUN LOOT, St. Patrick's day short story

And the events of LEPRECHAUN will lead into the beginning events of book 4, tentatively titled DRAGON DAYS OF SUMMER.

Enjoy my birthday, Peeps! Because I'll be at the kidlet's back-to-school night. Rah!

 

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I facebooked it a day early. Oh, well . . .

    Too bad I have all of them.

    Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shoutout, Marilyn! Talk about added pressure to actually WRITE the next one. I want to finish my non-fic book first. I have a plot rolling around in my noggin, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you'll get to it while my short-term memory is still functioning, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every chance I get, I'm mulling the plot over in my mind, Marilyn! I just have some non-writing stuff to get off my plate first.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.