11/6/11

Earthquake Correlation

Last night around 2300 (11 PM), we had another earthquake. This time it was a 5.6 in magnitude. I know all you jaded Californians are shaking your heads, but you must remember, OKLAHOMA DOESN'T GET EARTHQUAKES, WE HAVE TORNADOS--LOTS OF THEM. Tornados we're used to, earthquakes not so much.

Hubby woke me from a sound sleep so I could pee my pants, er, enjoy the experience. It lasted much longer than the previous one, and I couldn't tell if I was shaking or the bed kept shaking for over a couple of minutes.

It could have been either one.

Anyway, I was looking at my blog stats this AM. Y'all reading my blog makes me happy, so I tend to look at my stats to try to figure out what brings you over for a visit.

And I noticed something very interesting . . .
Oklahoma earthquake

Blog stats
Okay, you'll have to squint your eyes and use your imagination on the second picture.
But do you see what I see?? 

*sigh* I hate to say it, but my blog visitors are causing the quakes. What a sorry, sorry thing to have happen . . .

Just kidding! Keep on visiting and I'll keep posting fresh material.
Now, I have to go to play with my power point presentation for Saturday's talk. .  . Okay, I'm lying, I'm really going to play Adventure World first, and then I'll work on my power point before getting ready for church.

Later, peeps!

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha, guess I'll have to stop reading your blog.

    I'm glad you and your family are all right and you still have your sense of humor. We felt the quake in Wisconsin, too, though not by me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO!!! don't stop visiting, Edie! :-) We've had quakes for years and years, but only in the last year have they been strong enough for us to actually FEEL them! The one last night was over a hundred miles away. They are very disturbing, especially if you've never felt one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least Bob was awake for the second one. He slept through the first.

    If I were a Fault named Wilzetta, I'd be grumbling from time to time, too. Maybe we could appease her by changing her name to Serenity or Harmony or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the name change, Marilyn! I wouldn't want to be called Wilzetta either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fortunately, I'm not a jaded Californian. I've lived out here 13 years now and have only felt one very minor tremor in all that time. 5.6 is pretty decent strength. I actually remember feeling an earthquake when I lived in Tulsa. I was in the bathroom.....sitting.....and it about shook me off the seat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for . . . sharing, Jody. :-) It's been weird feeling a quake. I was little when I lived in Cali, so I don't remember any quakes. What was interesting when I visited the Stillwater NOAA site is that we get quite a few quakes in the 1-3 range and most folks never feel them.

    In my previous 40+ years in OK I never felt a quake, but I've felt three in the last six months. I hope that they aren't leading up to a really big one!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.