12/18/13

Weighty Wednesday -- The Horrible Truth

This will be a tough blog to write, but I feel that I owe it to the readers of my Weighty Wednesday blog.

I've been talking the talk, but not walking the walk.

To be honest with you all, I have been slacking for almost the last year. I fell off the weight loss wagon a long time ago. Maintaining weight loss is so very hard and it's too easy to keep adding food to one's diet until we are in the same predicament we were in first place-- OVERWEIGHT

I haven't been getting my daily healthy guideline items marked off my list.

I haven't been watching my portions.

I've been drinking too many diet sodas, eggnog and wine.

I've been snacking on my candy, namely peanut brittle, . . . and I still have seven flavors to mold before they get boxed up and delivered.

And just recently, I haven't been walking due to the ice on my walking trail.

I've gained more weight than I want to talk about. I'll 'fess up to it next week, but the reality is still to raw for me to actually say the amount of weight gain.

But reality hit me hard yesterday when I actually contemplated putting on my larger pair of jeans.

This is so NOT going to happen!

Yes, I have two pairs of size 8 jeans hiding in my closet, but I really don't want to resort to wearing them simply because I have ZERO will power to stop myself from stuffing my face.

All of us face our demons in our own way. Many times we listen to those demons and indulge to the point of excess, but the problems arise when we continue to listen to them on a daily basis.

Which happened to me.

When I was at goal and on maintenance for the first six months of the year, I got lazy. I would eat a little too much, or slack on my healthy guidelines there was no real consequence . . . at first. I stayed within my goal's weight range.

But after awhile, starting in July, I had to pay my dues for the overindulgence, and now the weight is slipping back on like an actor's fat suit.

With Christmas around the corner, I know I'll be getting some goodies in my stocking, plus the broken leftover candy . . .

It will be tough to resist.

Now that I've acknowledged that I'm not the sparkling mentor that you think I am, I can climb back into the driver's seat of my own reality and take control of my eating issues.

It will be hard, but I know I can do it.

Because I've done it before.

All it takes is conscientious eating, portion control, and getting my daily healthy guidelines in.

I hope y'all will realize that I am simply human. I made a mistake and have a weight gain to show for it.

But I can fix this.

I hope you got my back just as much as I have your back with my pep talk blogs. I might need a little encouragement to get started down the right path again.

True confessions are over for today.

Later, Peeps!

2 comments:

  1. Hugs! Margaret you are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but this was a HUGE reality check for me.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.