12/19/13

Whew! Candy Making Finished!

The title says it all. I'm finally finished making candy for the season . . . I hope. The light isn't very good at 5:30 in the morning, so this picture will have to do until the sun comes up!


I didn't make nearly as much candy as last year, but I made more varieties. I made about 30-35 candies for each of the molded chocolates and caramels.

Here's the tally:

2 batches Peanut Brittle
2 batches Butter Pecan Toffee
2 batches of Mag's Decadent Fudge
2 batches of Polar Bear Poop
2 batches of Reindeer Poop
15 Pongos (formerly known as Heart Attacks)
About 70 Turtles

The above candies I decided to bag individually. And yes, I weighed them out to give all the bags roughly the same amount of candy.

Caramel:

Sea Salt Caramel, milk and dark chocolate coated
Brownie Fudge Caramel Bites, white chocolate coated
Devil's Velvet, Cherry Port Caramel
Taste of Gold, Grand Marnier Caramel
Limaniac, Lime Caramel
Devil's Cut Whiskey Caramel
Feel the Burn Caramel, chipotle/cinnamon

White Chocolate:

Cup o' Joe--coffee

Dark Chocolate:

Peppermint Schnapps
Bronx Cheer Raspberry
Soft Butter Caramel
Pom Pucker--pomegranate
Key Lime
Mango Madness
Limoncello
Cranberry Cosmo

Milk Chocolate:

Frangelico
ButterShots
Grand Marnier
Barenjager
Amaretto
Midnight Magic Blackberry
Strawberry Margarita
Black Forest Cherry
Pilgrim's Progress Maple Walnut
Whiskey Toffee Crunch
Cherries Jubilee
Gingerbread
Rum Raisin
Porto

If you want to know how I make my molded candy, click here for a pictorial.
If you want to know how I make my fillings, click here for the basic instructions. Every truffle filling is different, so I tend to 'eyeball' what it looks like and adjust accordingly.

If I haven't listed a link to my recipes, you might want to click Foodie Friday Tab to peruse my selections. Of course, I've been extremely lax in the last eight months and haven't updated my blog. I intend to do this during the Christmas break, before the new year starts.

Today, I need to pack the twenty boxes I have, plus some other smaller boxes for gifties. Yes, I think it will take me at least a day to get all the candies packed as it's like fitting a round peg into a square hole.

Later, Peeps!

2 comments:

  1. The candies look beautiful! I know they're delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have boxes for you and Marilyn. It was too late to mail them for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.