10/30/13

Weighty Wednesday -- Halloween Candy Madness

Halloween is a tough time of year . . . especially for those of us who are losing weight, or simply trying to maintain.


It's easy to break into candy that you normally would never buy to make sure "it tastes okay to give out to the Trick-or-Treaters".

It's also very easy to steal from one's child. . . yeah, I've been known to do that.

Whereas when I was growing up, I learned to keep track of every single piece of candy because I have older brothers and sisters.
Whereas my daughter doesn't really care.

Oh, she has her favorites and keeps track of them, but I can swipe a Skittles or a chocolate bar and she wouldn't even know it.

Sour patch kids and frozen Reeses, well, don't even think about eating them!

She usually nibbles on her candy for a few days and then I put the remainder of it in a bag and put it on the shelf to be forgotten. We usually throw out the rest of the candy around Christmas . . . when a new haul of candy becomes available.

This (exhibit A on the right), however, is the bane of my Halloween.

Once a package is opened, expect it to be demolished within a day, two at the most. The easy response would be, "just don't buy it". Well, yeah, in a perfect world that would be a good response.

But, I'm not perfect.

The only good thing about this is that I manage to get sugar headaches from the excessive sweet, and I eat so much of it in a narrow window of time that I want to throw up, which makes it easier for me to resist other candy.

Well, that's my theory anyway.

Enjoy Halloween. Don't go crazy eating too much sugar. And if you need to make some cupcakes for an office Halloween party, here are a few decorating suggestions:


These are a few of the cupcakes I've made in the past.

Happy Halloween!

Oh, when your daughter wants to be a 'cute candy corn'. She wants to look like this:


Not this:
Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my little blog.