6/6/12

Weighty Wednesday -- GET 'ER DONE!

All right. I have had it!

I've been putzing around with losing these last few pounds for MONTHS now. Yesterday, I lost 0.4. Big whoop. I need to kick my butt into gear because this is getting redonculous!

So what am I going to do to hit WW Lifetime--AGAIN?

It's back to basics.
  • Filling up on fruits and veggies.
  • Keeping my spoon out of the peanut butter jar.
  • Keep up my workouts and maybe adding a few strength-training free-weight exercises.
  • It's summer--drink lots and lots of water
  • yard work
That should be a good start to this mission.

On June 17, 2011, I started this weight loss journey. The first 35 pound flew off my body, but then the last 10 have been stubborn. I could list numerous reasons for this, and most of them are just lame excuses!
  • I stopped tracking
  • My body had been at that weight for YEARS and it equilized
  • I stopped measuring and weighing my food
Even though I still lost weight it was at a substantially slower pace than before. AND I still continued some GOOD habits:

  • Meeting my healthy check guidelines on most days
  • drinking at least 6 cups of water daily
  • eating 5-6 servings of fruits and veggies
  • walking--a lot--even in the cruddiest of weather
  • found a meeting leader/group that meshed with my personality

And for a long time I was okay with this, but now I'm NOT. I'm reaching my one year anniversary and I need to be at goal. So how do I get to goal in 11 days?

I did one thing that I hadn't planned to do, and that was raise my goal weight from 130 to 132 pounds. 132 is the upper limit of the healthy weight range for my height. I feel good. I look good, but I need to "Git 'er done!" I have a feeling that when I reach goal, the mental block that I have will be gone and I'll be able to drop the rest of the weight a little easier.

Another thing I did was to try to find my Lifetime pin. I still have a few areas to look, but I know I made it once before--in 1996 (we found my hubby's card and pin!).  The interesting thing about making Lifetime again is that I don't have to do the 6 weeks of maintenance--shoot, I've been doing that for over 6 MONTHS now!

I don't know about y'all, but I'm tired of reporting my non-progress on this point.

I'd like to finish with my Weighty Wednesday posts forever. I started them for me, but I often wonder if the struggles I've been facing on my journey have helped anyone else on their weight loss journey? I know keeping my weight in control will be a lifetime change. I'll be working at it on a daily basis as I know some days I'll make some not so good choices. Heck, we all do that, but the key is to have more days making EXCELLENT CHOICES!

Here's my question--And I wonder how many people will actually comment on my blog/Facebook/Google +--

WHEN I REACH MY GOAL WEIGHT, DO YOU WANT ME TO CONTINUE WITH MY WEIGHTY WEDNESDAY BLOGS?

Later, Peeps!

6 comments:

  1. Oh for god's sake. Just sew your mouth shut for a week. Problem solved. :)

    I know that the body adapts over time to any regimen - whether it's exercise, diet, whatever - and that to keep getting results you have to keep CHANGING your routine. You may have to consider a drastically different program to budge those last few pounds into submission. Rather than go back to what you were doing, what about doing something totally different?

    YOu have a beautiful pool, do you ever swim laps? I'm not sure I've heard you mention it if you do. Swimming is one of the best all-around conditioning exercises as well as being very aerobic - and low impact on joints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and get your daughter to swim with you and challenge you to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, Jody, you're harsh!

    If losing weight was that easy for me, I would never had gained weight in the beginning!

    I KNOW what I need to do, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Ergo, this is why it is so hard for people to lose weight.

    Re: the pool--I don't swim. I can swim, but I don't like water. Period. I almost drowned when I was about 10, so I have some water issues.

    BTW: my kidlet is swimming competitively, which means she's in the pool 1 1/2 hours a day, at least 4-5 days a week and sometimes 2 a days. If I challenged her, she'd seriously kick my a$$ without even trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're not sick of the weighty Wednesdays, I'd like to see them continue, at least every other week. Everyone's looking for tips or just a hooah for something that works. It's encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not tired of doing Weighty Wednesdays, Marilyn, but sometimes I don't feel as if I have a whole lot to say that I haven't said before.

    On that note, I will be writing next week's WW blog on the health benefits of losing weight . . . from MY POV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margie! I wasn't trying to be harsh, I'm sorry if you took it as such. I have as much trouble keeping weight ON as you have keeping weight off. I don't like cooking or eating for that matter. I can go an entire day without eating - I have to force myself. And no, you do NOT wish you had that problem. I have no relationship at all with food. So it's difficult for me to understand the opposite problem.

    I hate water too. Too bad I live on the California coast, huh? But I would chase George Clooney around in a pool just the same. I don't mind floating around in a nice pool as long as the water isn't deeper than chest-high. More than that and I panic.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.