4/25/12

Weighty Wednesday -- Traveling Tracker (cont.)

IT WORKED!!

Down 2.0 pounds for a grand total weight loss of . . . 44.4 pounds!!

I'm not excited or anything, right?

With all of my up/down, up/down weight loss recently, I can actually say that this is the lowest I've been since around the time I was married almost 20 years ago! 

Margaret & Todd

--and yes, our 20 year anniversary IS coming up!

Aren't we just the cutest?

Anyhoo, I did discover something very interesting when I had to use a paper tracker. . .

I eat almost constantly between the hours of 10:30-3:30, and then I'm done.

Weird isn't it?

On WW etools, it only allows you to document Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Anytime. Well, I obviously don't eat meals like a normal person does, so it was a real eye-opener to discover this idiosyncrasy of mine.

It's not like I would eat a full meal or anything, as my page might have something written down every 45 minute to hour.

1/2 cup strawberries

And then an hour later:

Oikos Greek blueberry yogurt

An hour later:

green monster smoothie

an hour later . .  .

You see what's going on?

Today's lesson is that if what you're doing isn't working for you, then try something else.

I have only 0.6 pounds to go until I hit minus 45 pounds.

Only 0.8 pounds until I hit the top of my healthy weight range for my height.

AND ONLY 2.8 POUNDS UNTIL GOAL!!

I WILL do it!

Later, Peeps!

4 comments:

  1. Truthfully, eating small amounts all day long is the way we are intended to eat, and it's actually the healthiest way to eat. Providing the body with good, constant sources of energy also prevents those 'slumps' that we have during the day.

    You just have to be mindful of WHAT you're eating, if you're going to 'graze.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was the handfuls of nuts (healthy yes, but only up to a point!) that made me realize what I was doing.

    Tracking, along with documenting the times, helped me figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how tracking can - well, get you on track. With anything. We do SO many things every day we never pay attention to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too true!

    When things become a habit we do it without thinking, which is good, but then it can become . . . "shoot, did I remember to close the garage door?" or "Was that a red light?" :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.