4/24/12

My oasis

Yesterday afternoon I met a new neighbor two houses down from me. Now to be perfectly honest here, she moved in last August, but with the summer heat, school starting and then winter, very few people are out and about at the same time. This is the time of year when you start seeing your neighbors . . . at least the ones who are interested in yardwork.

She was working in her front garden bed.

So I had to show her my oasis, and I'll share with you too. Remember the before? After the pool cover was taken off and all the plants are trimmed down to nothing?



Here's yesterday's picture, taken from the top porch. My roses and peony's are spectacular this year! First bloom is always the best.

Taken from behind the crepe myrtle tree, toward the house. 
At the koi pond. Sorry about the dark pic--it was sunny and this was taken with my phone. 
And our happy little fish . . . actually many of them are 14-16 inches long. We bought them over 10 years ago when they were barely 2 inches.
Feed us! They are circling like mad wanting fishy food.
And yes, I can name most of them. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE It! What a beautiful oasis you've created.
    I see all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.