11/12/11

Focus Stealers--part deux

Today, I'll be giving my talk on FOCUS STEALERS and what to do about them.

Again, I'll extend my invite to anyone in the Tulsa area who,

1) has nothing better to do on this beautiful Saturday afternoon, (or simply wants to escape from the hoodlums that you fondly call your children!)

2) wants to see me (I'm thinking old HS friends here, stalkers are NOT welcome)

3) is interested in writing, but doesn't know how to get started (there will be a roomful of people willing to help.  Okay, roomful is an exaggeration. Since I can only guarantee that I'll be there! I'M WILLING TO HELP YOU GET STARTED)

4) wants to heckle me because I never got around to timing OR practicing this program OR because you missed your chance in HS when I gave my hobbit impression by memorizing the first 3 pages of THE HOBBIT for drama class and didn't realize that I wore green and yellow (the hobbit's favorite colors) AND I took off my 4-inch wedges because my feet hurt (which took me down to hobbit-size!)

5) wants to partake in num-nums that I brought to bribe--er, yeah, I'll have to go with bribe here--people not to boo me out of the building.

6) want to see if you have perfected the ability to sleep with your eyes open!

RWI meets in Room 110, North Hall Conference Center at the OSU-Tulsa Campus at 1:00 p.m.

3 comments:

  1. Wisconsin's a bit too far from Tulsa, but if I lived nearby, I'd be there. I'm sure you're going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be there if I could! You'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I'm am now home and hoarse. I talked longer than I should have (1.5 hours), but know where I need to cut my power point presentation.

    Since I didn't have any books to pimp, some people--er, okay, one--was disappointed. I managed to pull up Amazon and they could see all my books in living color.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.