11/14/11

Craziness

This week the craziness around our house is in full swing, starting with the kidlet's birthday slumber party on Friday, Nov. 18 and it doesn't end until the day after Thanksgiving, Nov. 25.

It isn't hideous, just busy. Much of the craziness is brought on by myself . . . for example, I asked my kidlet if she wanted me to make cinnamon rolls for the morning after her slumber party. Of course, she would have been happy with her dad's pancakes, but no, I had to offer. And she accepted.

See? Crazy.

I also had hubster purchase mini cheesecake pans and mini-tart pans so I could experiment with downsizing the desserts for Thanksgiving. Er, I don't have a handy-dandy cookbook, so I have to test everything this week.

Crazy.

I also decided to make my candy fillings, so they will be ready when I need to start making candy. Oh, and I found two new caramel recipes to try. One is with sea salt and I'm planning to make it today!

Time consuming and crazy.

I want to start on the Christmas cards, Christmas shopping, and blah, blah, blah . . .

Crazy.

All of this is in addition to regularly scheduled events that require chauffeuring, including organizing the slumber party @ 6 giggling girls, ordering the ice cream cake, planning the Monday family get-together and B-Day dinner (@ 20 people--cake and food, cooking appetizers and desserts with my SIL for Thanksgiving, etc. etc.

I'm sure I've forgotten something, but I must enjoy all the craziness because I seem to do it every year. :-) I should be blogging regularly, but I doubt if I'll get much writing accomplished, but then again, I'm only editing right now, so maybe I'll finish TWIST OF FATE  and send it off to Carina Press by the end of this week.

Oh, the FOCUS STEALERS talk went well. It was a small group of ladies, about 15, and I knew about half of them. I only saw a few yawns at the beginning of the presentation and I know what slides I'm tossing out of the pile . . . *snort* fat chance anyone else would want me to do this talk again! Oh, well, who knows.

Later, Peeps! Raise your glass and toast the craziness!

4 comments:

  1. I am new to this but wanted to tell you how much I am enjoying your site. It makes me smile. The energy is full of light. I can hear you two laughing! Have only looked around a bit but intend to read and look more thoroughly.
    I too am about to jump on the holiday slide into Christmas. One granddaughter is turning SIXTEEN in a week--I keep wondering when that happened!
    Also I'm trying to join you two on the publishing merry-go-round. In the midst of query letter craziness for now. Am especially interested in reading Cinderella's 2nd marriage--is it out there somewhere?
    Have a lovely day and thanks for sharing your joy!
    Lynn moreland
    lynnmoreland.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lynn!

    I'm so glad that you dropped by my site, but I'm afraid you might have mixed up your comments with Meg and Marilyn's Twisted Sisters site. Here's their link,http://3twistedsisters.wordpress.com/ though they are only 2 twisted sisters now. :-)

    Meg Reid wrote Cinderella's second marriage. Here's Meg's website addy, http://www.margaretereid.com/. I don't know if that story is available on eletronic format yet.

    We're all friends, so don't think anything of it. I think you clicked the Gnome de Plume link on their blogroll.

    Feel free to wander around my site, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made my head spin with all you have to do! So glad I'm lazy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you had your moments of craziness over the last few weeks, Cyndi. It was just different crazy. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.