5/3/10

VOTE for New Blog Name!

When I started this blog I was writing romance, but enjoyed the fantasy aspect of the equation, thus the FANTASY part of the story. The CRAP SHOOT has to do with the business, as in getting published is a total crap shoot. It all depends on a good story, luck, perseverance, and having the roll of the dice fall on the right number at the right time. Oh, and I suck at playing CRAPS--blackjack is more my game . . . or poker (when I'm playing with virtual money).

I'm not married to the title of my blog, never had been, as I came up with it at the spur of the moment and it's outlived it's usefulness.

Fast forward a year. I've found a new genre to write: Middle Grade.
I'm happy with this genre, even if I don't sell a story, as it fits my juvenile mindset and writing voice. So, I need a new header. And yes, I'm well aware middle graders won't read my blog, but their parents might.

To that end, I've set up a poll with a number of titles. And yes, my hubster came up with one of them and informs me that he will skew the voting--SO PLEASE VOTE FOR THE ONE YOU LIKE THE BEST.
--uh, my hubster came up with one of the names--guess which one!--and has vowed to skew the results. Please don't let that happen. . .

And if you don't like the selection, add your own in the comment section of this blog. Feel free to use any form of: rambling, blather, chatter, jabberwocky, gibber-jabber, hot air, etc.

And though I just finished #2 book in a series, I've started #3 as a writing challenge to see if I can write 50,000 words in the month of May! If I can figure out how to make one of those counting gadgets work, I'll keep it updated!

Write on!

12 comments:

  1. Okay, I voted, but the question is, which one do you love ;) Have fun with the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted yesterday. This was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In keeping with the fact that I can't ever be counted on to follow rules, I'm voting to keep the current name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for voting, y'all!
    And, Jody, this does NOT surprise me AT ALL. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of two off the top of my noggin... both of which seem to be in keeping with things that you enjoy...

    GNOME DE PLUME

    FANTASY BLACKJACK

    I'll give it some actual thought and see if I can beat those entries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I have to say that I LOVE your suggestion, Ignats, of GNOME DE PLUME!
    This poll won't let me add a selection while it's in progress or I'll lose all the votes. Hm, must ponder this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love GNOME DE PLUME, too! Can I change my vote?

    Cool one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alrighty, votes for Gnome de Plume, Ignates 1, Marilyn 1, mine--1,000,000. Hey, I can cheat, it's MY blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geez, Margie, just name it whatevertheheck YOU want! It's YOUR blog. Nobody's gonna dump you because they don't like the name of the blog.

    Well, except for maybe me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.