4/22/09

Earth Day 2009

Short and sweet today!

Turn off your computers and write with pen on paper. . . that millions of trees have been destroyed to make.

Okay, let's try again. Read a book. That was made from millions of destroyed trees. Download an e-book. . . oops, using electricity again.

Go for a walk. Enjoy the sunshine--oops, unless y'all are getting much needed rain for your gardens. Hey, that's one, enjoy working in the garden, but fertilize with organic products--read that as cow, horse, or sheep poop. :-)

If you don't have to drive anywhere--don't. If you do, then plan your most efficient route and take right hand turns. One, they are easier. Two, they are faster than sitting and waiting for a break in traffic. Think about how long you have to sit with your car idling while you wait.

Uh, I printed out tons of agent info yesterday so I can query them today--does that count? Plus I want to finish a Dresden book. Plus I need to work on my sun worshiping. I think I can have a full day without using electricity or driving.

What about you? What are you going to do today that might be earth friendly?

Simply try your best to be as earth friendly as possible today.

2 comments:

  1. I went grocery shopping (drove, but I live in a rural area and don't have a grocery store within walking distance). I brought my own paper bags for re-use. The store gives me a nickel off, too.

    I try to to all my errands once a week, so I save gas. How's that for being earth friendly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a better greenie than I am, Edie. I've thought about buying the reusable bags but haven't done it yet. I like the old paper bags because I collect my newspapers in it and then toss the whole thing in the recycle dumpster. And plastic bags are used for doggie poo collecting. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.