10/31/08

BIAW & NaNoWriMo

BIAW--Book in a Week
NaNoWriMo--National Novel Writing Month
Both of these endeavours are writing challenges. Most BIAW participants don't finish a book in a week, but the goal is to write as many pages as possible within that week.
NNWM does have a goal of 50K in 30 days. This is a doable goal, but as a writer your plate must be cleared, your research accomplished, and your internal editor turned off. The problem for most Americans is that this is also the month of Thanksgiving which is spent with family, not writing.
This next week I will shoot for 2K a day, Monday thru Friday. That should give me a 10K start on book 1 of my demon war series.
Now to finish organizing my notes, finishing my demon excel worksheet, and thinking about my first couple of chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my little blog.