10/30/08

Daydreaming IS research!

I've brainstormed my demon war series with some online buds on Tues. Let's just say that Cyndi gave me a freakin' run for my money. Two hours later, I had a massive headache and was substantially closer to figuring out how my series needed to start.
And though I was given many ideas and suggestions, I'm going down my own path that is diverging from their ideas and concepts.
*Remember, newbie writers, no one knows your story like you do. If suggestions from judges, CP's, or agents don't work for your story, don't force it.* Editors are another ball of wax--they bought the story, they own it and want it to do well for their bosses--the publishers. So, your answer is 'yes, ma'am, may I have another?'
I'm still thinking about my first scenes of book 1 so I'll be ready when BIAW starts next week. And yes, I still have 4 1/2 books to read to help me with the all important first book--if I can't sell book 1, what good are books 2-7?
Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my little blog.