7/25/14

Foodie Friday -- Tomato Salad

A few weeks ago when we had my husband's employees over for a pool party, I prepared quite a dishes. One of them was this Tomato Salad recipe that I got from my mother-in-law.

Easy to make ahead of time.


Marilyn’s Tomato Salad


 

6 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 cup olives, halved and drained
1 cup purple onion, chopped fine
¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. turmeric
¾ tsp. cumin
¼ tsp. black pepper
6 Tbls. Olive oil
4 Tbls. Lemon juice 

Toss all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate until chilled (4-6 hours or overnight).

Tips & Tricks
  • only one suggestion here--take the ingredients from salt down and place them in a container that has a lid, shake well, and then poor over the tomato mixture.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Margaret! I will be making this today for my company tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.