6/18/12

Old Friends

This last week/weekend was chocked full of events: meeting my weight goal, a visit with my bro from California, a marathon lunch with Marilyn and Bob, my hubby's birthday, Father's Day, Parade of Homes (we saw what 3 million dollars can get you in Oklahoma--A HECK OF A LOT, people!) and last, but certainly not least, was a far too short visit with some friends who I haven't seen in more years than I care to admit.

Too bad no one thought to whip out a camera and take our pictures! *raises hand*

Guilty as charged. It's not like we don't own three phones, a couple of small cameras and a large honking one, too!

Retta, Karen, Harold and I (along with our spouses, except Karen's since Jim had to go do a review about OK Mozart) relived the old, the years in-between and talked about the new. It was almost as if we hadn't been parted from each other in years.

My biggest giggle was when Retta and Karen met Maggie, the fuzzy pup.

Oh, it wasn't because they were meeting an Old English Sheepdog, it's because they were astounded that we called her Maggie.

I'll let y'all in on a secret, my peeps, my name was/is MAGGIE to my high school friends. :-)

No, I don't mind the dog being named after me, heck, it makes me feel very Indiana Jones-ish because Indy was named after the dog! But I'm twisted in that way.

No matter what name you call me, Margaret, Maggie, Mags, Meggie or whatever, I'm here for you if you need me.

Because that's what friends do.

Later, Peeps!

8 comments:

  1. It makes sense that at one time you were called Maggie. I have a friend who calls my Maggie "Margaret" from time to time.

    Love seeing old friends. I had dinner Friday night with my old high school girlfriends. We are going to try to meet on the first Friday of each month for dinner. We'll see how long that lasts! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always easy to plan to get-together, following through seems to be the problem, Cyndi!

    It's far too easy to let life get in the way. We have to make the time to set our priorities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot "Margie". With a hard "g", FYI. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about Margie. LOL.

    Making time to meet with friends is something I have to remind myself to do on a regular basis. I'm enough of a hermit that I'd stay here on the hilltop never seeing anyone if I didn't force myself out. And then I always have such a wonderful time.

    Loved the long visit, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I forgot Margie! Sorry, Jods! And I hug that name close to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a great time, too, Marilyn! Remember y'all are more than welcome to come hangout by the pool this summer. The shade comes around 3:30ish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-)
    Friends are good and life's blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are, aren't they, Meg. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.