6/11/12

My Sunday--not so typical

Yesterday, I didn't get my walk in until early afternoon. And it was HOT, like fry an egg on the asphalt hot. Okay, it wasn't quite that bad, but it was one of the hottest day's this year, or maybe it just felt like it.

So I'm hoofing it around the trails with my ice cold water, which lasted like 30 minutes, and you do realize that I walk for 60 minutes, right? So the water becomes tepid at 30 minutes and then HOT at the 45 minute mark, but by then I've polished off the entire 1.5 pints of liquidy goodness.

Oh, and did I mention the wind?

Yeah, it was blowing so hard that I thought I was walking backward at times, it reminded me of the times when I was riding Buster around the area and we were flying down one side, but galloping into the wind took about 3X as long. Good times, good times.

And I bet you're wondering why it took me until afternoon to go on my walkies, well, it was simply because we actually went to church and then to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast. Mimi's has a veggie frittata made with egg whites that was WON-DER-FUL! And turkey sausage. And fruit. Who would have thought turkey sausage was good?

Not me. But then again, sausage is all about spices and texture. Who cares what it's made with, right? Considering sausage used to be made from all the nasty stuff that no one wanted to eat.

And back to my heat stroke story  . . .

After eating a nice brunch, I had to start laundry which was the reason I didn't go for walkies until noon.
You want to know what's really gross about walking in the friggin' heat?

Sweat shins.

Yes, my friends, my shins sweat. They don't dew, glisten or what-have-you, they sweat as in beads of sweat. Like the bead of sweat that rolls down your spine until it gets sucked up by your butt crack type of sweating.

Er, is that TMI?

Too bad, this is what you get for a Monday morning.

You're probably wondering why I'm so scattered and flying off on various tangents, well, it's what happened two hours AFTER my heat stroke-induced walkies that did it.

My hubby and I drove my kidlet to camp.

And left her.

Last year, it was worse because we left town and flew to Vegas . . . and it was cooler in Vegas than it was here in Oklahoma. Poor kidlet didn't have any AC, though the did have fans in their cabins.

So the question for this week . . . What to do with myself for 5 days?? !!  Well, day 5 I'll be spending with my hubby since it's his birthday and I did ask to see Snow White and the Hunks . . . .er, HUNTSMAN. Sorry, but Chris Hemsworth is some serious eye candy!

To quote George Takai:   "Oh, my!"

And when I wrote this (Sunday night) I was also Skyping with a high School friend who was coming to town, IM'ing another old high school friend AND IM'ing a my writing buddy, Cyndi.

Don't you DARE say that I can't multitask!

Let's see what else I've accomplished Sunday:
  • I refilled and organized the wine rack
  • looked for my Lifetime WW pin (couldn't find it) :-(
  • organized my hall closet
  • finished laundry and ironing
Today, I need to--
  • organize the freezer.
  • check the pool chemicals
  • fertilize my roses and trim
  • toss the garden mulch
  • pick up doggie poo
  • take out the trash
  • finish reading Brenda Novak book
Wow, I don't know what else to do? How about:
  • reread TROLL and continue edits
  • Plot DRAGON
Oh, so much to do and so little time to do it. Oh, and I can't eat much today because I intend to hit my goal tomorrow AM. Luckily, hubby is in meetings all day and into the evening and I don't have to cook for him. Green Monster smoothie here I come! Check out the recipe on Foodie Fridays!

And if I continue to blather on and on, I'll just get confused.

If you wondered, I wrote this blog as pure regurgitation of my thoughts. Now you know why I'm so nutso most of the time--there's just too much stuff going on inside my head.

Make them stop! Make the voices stop!

Just Kidding! I need those voices to tell me what to do . . . *tests finger against butcher knife blade*

Watch out, Peeps!

5 comments:

  1. From my a/c pro husband...Don't do your laundry in the middle of the afternoon in the heat. The dryer has to pull air from somewhere. It pulls it from the house and the air is "resupplied" by pulling air from the outside...HOT air so you're having to run your a/c more to cool that hot air. Mornings or nights, he says!

    Got more questions for you. Will be IMing this morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, if you'd come to Mimi's around noon on Saturday, you'd've seen -- or at least heard -- the retreat bunch. Great Mediterranean salad!

    All I did after the retreat ended was go home, sleep two hours, then do a line edit on the Christmas novella. If I were an animal, I'd be a slug.

    Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndi--normally, I do the laundry early, early, but the day ddn't allow for my normal schedule.

    I'll be here if you need to IM me until about 12:45, then I need to go to a doctor's appt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog cracked me up. Most enterainment I've had in a while. :D

    That's the Margaret I know.

    Have a great week without the kidlet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ash!

    I've been reining in my personality for a long time . . . maybe it's time to let my hair down a little more often.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.