6/25/12

Laryngitis

First off, I have laryngitis

Yeah, the inability to speak and actually be heard. I squeak, not speak.

And I feel like something that comes out of the back end of a mammal. Hey, I'm trying to be PC here!

So what does any of this have to do with my ability to put my fingers on the keyboard and type like there's no tomorrow?

Well, I just don't feel like it. So there!

It isn't because I don't have topics to blog about--shoot, I have two sticky notes full of topics. Of course, I have to upload my pictures, figure out how to make a slide show, and then post it on the blog. But that's besides the point.

I have editing to do on TROLL.

I just received a packet of contest entries to judge.

I have to work on my non-fiction outline

I have to fill out some interview sheets.

And this doesn't even include being wife, mother, chauffeur, cook, laundress, bottlewasher, etc.

I have a ton of stuff to do, but all I really want to do is sit by the pool and read . . .

The sun beat down on my pool  boy's tanned and toned torso as his muscles tighten, glistening with sweat, as he  thrusts the brush down the sides of the deep end of the pool. My sunglasses prevent my pool boy from realizing that I'm watching him instead of reading my book, but his grin tells another story.

The ice in my glass clinks as I take a sip of my beverage, capturing an ice cube in my teeth. My fingers remove the ice from my mouth to gently stroke the frigid wetness up and down my neck. . . .

Sorry, but that's all I got. The snot in my head is making it hard to think.

Later, peeps!

4 comments:

  1. If you want to sit by the pool and read, sit by the pool and read. The world will go on. Your family will survive, and the work will be there another day.

    Oh, and while you're sitting at the pool, make a list of all the things that you HAVE done. It'll put you in a much better frame of mind than to think about all the things you HAVEN'T done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel worse today than yesterday, luckily I cancelled lunch with my mom. I don't need to get a 90-year old sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better, Mags!

    BTW, thanks for reminding me of my new favorite commercial: an elderly woman sitting beside a pool while a young hunk cleans it, saying, "We will turn the pool boy into a pool MAN."

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.