3/30/12

FOODIE FRIDAY -- Coconut Pound Cake

I worked in a hospital lab on night shift for about eleven years, and this recipe came from my old boss, Richard. I’m not a coconut fan, but I LOVE this recipe.

Coconut Pound Cake


1 cup vegetable shortening (Crisco)
1 stick butter, room temperature
2 ½ cups sugar
6 eggs, separated
½ tsp. almond extract
½ tsp. coconut extract
3 cups flour
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
1 cup whole milk
1 ½ cups coconut (Bakers)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour Bundt pan.

Beat sugar, shortening and butter until creamy. Add egg yolks and cream until light. Add extracts. Sift flour, salt and baking powder, add alternately with milk. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in batter with coconut. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Cool. Turn out onto serving plate.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my little blog.