12/30/11

FOODIE FRIDAY -- Spiced Pumpkin Nut Bread

I don’t really have a story about this recipe. I wanted a pumpkin bread recipe for the holidays. I searched on the Internet. And I found one that I liked. Simple. The Internet is a wonderful thing. I made this bread a few days ago. It cooked quicker than I expected--probably due to the dark loaf pans that I used--so it’s a good thing I tend to set my timers a little on the early side to check them. The bread has a nice moist texture to it.

Spiced Pumpkin Nut Bread


4 cups flour
1 Tbls. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. salt
1 can (16 oz.) Libby’s 100% pure pumpkin
2 cups brown sugar, packed
1 cup apple juice
4 large eggs
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts, divided

Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Grease 2 (TWO) 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
Sift flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl. Combine pumpkin, sugar, apple juice, eggs, oil and vanilla extract in large bowl, stir well. Stir in flour mixture and ¾ cup of nuts just until moistened. Spoon into prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of nuts over top of loaves.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, remove loaves from pans to cool completely.

 Later, Peeps!
I have to pack up my Christmas stuff today. Hopefully, I'll be back 100% next week. If you haven't done it yet, you might want to look at your 2011 goals and see how you did. And think about your 2012 goals. Remember to keep your goals within YOUR power.



1 comment:

Welcome to my little blog.