11/22/11

I Stopped Drinking the Kool-Aide!

Within the next day or two, Cafe World will go bye-bye.  I know my niece, Liz, will be yelling YAHOO!! FINALLY! at the top of her lungs. Heck, she's been trying to convince me to quit for the last year, but I enjoyed playing it. . .

UNTIL IT BECAME A JOB.

Yes, friends, CW has gone overboard just like Farmville did. When there are too many goals and challenges stacked one on top of the other and when the player is stressed by PLAYING A GAME, then it's time to quit. And yes, I'm in the non-paying majority. The needs of the insane paying Zynga customer outweigh the needs of the many.

But why am I waiting a day or two?

Well, I started a catering job and want to see if anyone will help me OR if they are trolls just out to collect the Catering points like usual.  But I'm laughing AT THEM because I can only cook one of the three dishes! I'm also waiting for Zynga to respond to my query about those dishes. It wasn't until AFTER I wrote it that I found out the player had to complete 5 SETS of 5 goals BEFORE they unlocked a dish.

If I'm successful or unsuccessful on this job, I'm still quiting the game.

I'm tired of begging for stuff that I need to do the jobs. I'm tired of everyone finishing their goals days ahead of me while I'm plodding along. I used to think it was because I had a life, but I was wrong.

 . . . I'M GETTING MY LIFE BACK.

Bye-bye, Cafe World! It was fun while it lasted. Now, I can concentrate on my edits!

Later, Peeps!

4 comments:

  1. Yea!!

    I've avoided the lure of tha games. Mahjong and Spider Solitaire already eat a huge chunk of my time. But it's hard . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never went down the "games road" when I joined Facebook. Now I'm glad I didn't!

    And your catering job? You're kidding, right? Stop it! Right now.

    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I totally don't understand games that are like jobs. Doesn't real life have enough of that stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn--the games are quick when you first start, only 5-10 minutes, but then they keep adding missions and goals and then more and more stuff to do until you are overwhelmed with trying to complete all that stuff to keep from going under. I HATED the stress! Mahjong is fun and gives you a brief break, it's when you keep trying to beat your score that you get sucked into it deeper!

    Cyndi--You're lucky! You didn't get hooked.

    Jods--I can finally 'hear' you!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.