8/19/11

FOODIE FRIDAY--Chocolate Chip Cookies

I’ll confess that I have this recipe memorized. It’s another cookie recipe and the one I’ll go to first when I feel the need to bake . . . or to simply eat raw cookie dough (and now you know my dirty little secret!) 

Can you guess what it is?

Yep, Nestles® Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookies. And I do things a little out of order because I think it works better MY way.

Nestles® Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookies




1 cup (2 sticks) butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 cups (12-oz.) Nestle semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped nuts (pecan, walnuts or even butterscotch, milk or white chocolate morsels, etc.)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place parchment paper on baking sheet.

Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add baking soda, salt and flour (one cup at a time), beat until incorporated. Stir in morsels and other goodies.

Drop by large cookie scoop onto prepared cookie sheet. Lightly press cookies down.

Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove and place on wire rack to cool completely.

I couldn’t tell you how many cookies it really makes, but my way only makes about 24 cookies—they’re really big.

I also tend to undercook them, so they stay gooey in the middle.

 Enjoy!






3 comments:

  1. I add pecans to mine.

    I made these just last weekend. So yummy. And I have a tendency to eat the raw dough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndi--I do that sometimes. Sometimes I have partial bags of various baking chips and just dump away!

    Jody--I make BIG cookies. :-) Technically, the bag says it makes 60 cookies. . . . minus the raw cookie dough that gets eaten!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.