6/29/11

Scattered

I have been seriously scattered these last few weeks. I thought that once the kidlet and I got into the rhythm of summer, then things would get better.

--on an aside: If I hadn't corrected the SIX typos in the first two sentences you would really know what was going on--shoot! I had SEVEN in this one sentence.

*le sigh*

It could be a combination of things:
  • the freakin' heat--we hit 106 two days ago. For us, this is normally August heat, not June.
  • Weight Watchers and the lack of calories--now this doesn't mean I'm not full, I am. Just not on fried food, sugary stuff and peanut butter . . . yum, peanut butter . . .
  • the exercise that I'm now doing--yeah, hoofing it around the school (1 lap is 8 mins) while kidlet is in swim camp might be part of it. That and the 98 degrees at 10:30 in the morning!
  • the stars are out of alignment--possible, my horriblscope is usually 4 or 5 stars instead of 2 or 3
  • I'm truly a blond underneath my brown hair--NAW-nix this one. I'm a graying brunette, with nary a blond hair in sight . . . those are gray puppies.
  • I managed to get sidetracked by judging another contest--only 3 historical entries, but they took longer than I anticipated.
  • I volunteered to beta read a YA for a friend--and it was slow going in the first 50 pages. AND I know my comments hit a brick wall, since she doesn't plan on altering her self-pubbing timeline. She wants it to be a trilogy, which is why its stung out. AND I didn't care for the way she left her main character in a dire situation at the end of book one. I don't think that's playing cricket, yanno. When I was reading paperbacks somthing like that would have caused me to fast pitch the book into the wall.
Part of this might be the thought of the work I need to do with TROLL.

And I'm sure your asking yourself, "Why are you complaining about TROLL, didn't you just finish gritching about FAERIE?"

Why, yes, young padawans, I did.

BUT (you knew there would be a 'but', didn't you?) I had written TROLL in May 2010 and NEVER LOOKED AT IT UNTIL THIS MONTH. So the changes that I made in GNOME and FAERIE adversely effected some of the stuff I wrote in TROLL. 

And I gots (misspelled on purpose) to fix it. And at this moment, I don't have a clue HOW. 

Don't worry. I'll figure it out.

Until then, I'll simply remain SCATTERED.

Later, Peeps.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Margaret--
    I'll be scattered right with you. Think most of my brain is still on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, Meg, I have a feeling that it won't get better over the rest of the summer! Oh, well . . .

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.