5/27/11

Spicy Cheese Rounds

Yesterday, I had a nice, long lunch with writer MarilynPappano and her hubby, Bob. We talked about everything, writing and non-writing, but when we were leaving I mentioned that I needed help deciding what type of recipe to post. Marilyn said, “Appetizer.” So that’s what’s up for today!
This recipe has been changed from the original. (no surprise there!) It’s a wonderful hot appetizer for gatherings. Yes, my friends, this is another one of my infamous Thanksgiving recipes. I know my family will recognize it.

Spicy Cheese Rounds

½ cup flour
1Tbls chopped parsley
½ tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. salt
Large pinch cayenne pepper
1 cup grated medium cheddar cheese
¼ cup butter

Mix first 6 ingredients together, put aside. Combine cheese with butter. Using hands, thoroughly work seasoned flour into cheese mixture until stiff dough forms. Chill 15 minutes. Break off a bit of dough and roll into ball about 1-1 ½ diameter. Continue until all dough is used. Freeze on flat surface. Can store rounds up to 6 weeks in freezer bags.  Bake at 400 degrees F until rounds just begin to brown, about 20 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Give me cheese of just about any variety and I'm a happy puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know, Ms. M! Enjoy this recipe. Like I said--easy to put together and you can freeze ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another delicious recipe I'll have to try. Great for Christmas gifting.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.