2/7/11

Snow, Gnomes and Pictures

Well, I don't know about y'all, but I'm already tired of the white stuff.  Not that I've driven in it--I haven't . . . much.  I don't drive in bad weather and being a homebody, I really don't mind staying at home.  Besides, we all know the hubster won't be taking his 'Vette out of the garage anytime soon, I'll be carless in the interim.

What I do mind, is being cooped up with both my children.  Yes, the 46-year old and the 10-year old do get on my nerves at times, though they have been playing Donkey Kong in relative peace. 

Ever since I found out last Monday that Jabberwocky didn't want my GNOME story, I've been editing it for about the 9th or 10th time.  Emails have been fast and furious between me and my cover designer, the wonderful Laura Morrigan. Plus we've been searching for a distinctive 'look' for my series, which I'm calling, THE GOBLIN'S APPRENTICE.  And since the goblin wasn't introduced until book two, I'm having to rewrite some of Book One, GNOME. 

--and I just found out they cancelled school, which means my kidlet will be home AGAIN.  So here are a few pictures I thought I'd share.

The front door before

After shoveling

Sledding by the school

Rachel and Maggie 'frolicing'

A little more frolicing

Fire and comfort surrounded by the snow fort

Where's the swimming pool??

Pre-toasted marshmallow

Who needs a blanket when you have a fuzzy dog?
Later, Peeps!

6 comments:

  1. It looks like Wisconsin! And family is very good looking, even the dog.

    I'm really eager to see your covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Edie!
    Right now, we're getting flurries again. I have a bad feeling that school will be out the rest of this week. We just don't have the road clearing trucks that our northern brothers do. The neighborhoods are rutted, re-frozen slushy ice, which is why school has been cancelled.

    GNOME turned into a bigger project than either Laura or I expected, I think.
    1) I had to come up with a series title (my first ideas SUCKED!)
    2) research the 'look' that I want
    3) There are so many words on the cover we don't want the picture to look too busy.
    4)rewrite the damn story for the XX time
    5) on the plus side--Laura inadverantly came up with the perfect cover for Book Two. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you can't do anything about the snow, you may as well find ways to enjoy it.

    When life gives you snow, make snow forts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True, Jody, but I don't want 8-10 more inches that they are predicting! WAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. www.margaretereid.comFebruary 8, 2011 at 6:53 AM

    Love the pictures! You got a LOT of snow!
    Sometimes there's just nothing better than a shaggy dog. (Bet you have fun drying her off!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kidlet kept throwing snow on her, just to watch her shake it off. Of course, it was so deep into her coat that we had to let it melt first. We had eau de wet dog scent throughout the house.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.