11/17/10

Got Head Cold, Need Books

My head is stuffed full of snot and I really don't feel like writing.  Heck, I don't feel like doing much of anything.  I don't know about y'all, but when I get a sick I just want to curl up with a good book for a few days.  Christmas stories are my novels of choice this time of year.  One of my goals this year was to read 50 books,  I just crossed over the 40 book mark and I doubt if I'll make it, but you never know. 

Here's a thought: Maybe I'll raid my daughter's stockpile of middle grade books--then I should hit the 50 book mark by the end of the year.

I've also been known to watch movie marathons for days on end.  Recently, my choice has been the Harry Potter movies--gotta get ready for the Deathly Hallows, ya know.  I can't wait to see the new Disney movie, Tangled either.  The previews look wonderful and fun.  It's twisted fairy tale, which puts it in the unique category.  I mean, how many movies have hair as a character?  Well, there was that Fairy Oddparents episode when Timmy Turner's hair got a mind of it's own and it started taking over the world, but that's another story. 

So what movies do you want to see over the holidays? 
And do you read Christmas stories during the season? 
If you want to read a fun anthology then you need to pick up WOLFSBANE AND MISTLETOE, edited by Charlaine Harris (she of Sookie Stackhouse fame). the only thing these stories have in common is werewolves and Christmas.  Reading an anthology of short stories or novellas is great way to discover new to you authors.

Write on! . . . not today, but later after the full moon . . .

7 comments:

  1. I don't even know what movies are out for Christmas. Of course, I'll watch the new Harry Potter movie. We always do.

    I've been on a reading binge lately, mostly by my friends, who are all fabulous writers. Like Amy Atwell with Lying Eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Amy's book, but I'm going to save it until I get my Kindle for Christmas (ugh, computers, ya know) . . . I HOPE I get a Kindle. . . maybe I should drop a few more hints. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we've established, I don't read. :) But I might make an exception. There's a quirky book that a person who might recognize themselves on this page has self-published that I think might really be the cat's meow. :)

    But it's NOT a proper Holiday Season until I've watched "It's A Wonderful Life." It's on my top ten list of all time favorite movies. I never get tired of it, and I am eternally grateful that nobody has attempted to re-make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you will really enjoy reading Cattitude, Jods! It's a fun book.

    I agree with you about It's a Wonderful Life. We have the DVD just in case we miss it on the network channels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It's a Wonderful Life" airing on ABC twice this season:
    November 30, and Christmas Eve.

    I'm going to try to catch both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you're not feeling well! I'm listening to Deathly Hallows right now to get ready to see the movie. I won't be there tomorrow. My daughter always takes me --she pays! to see HP at the theater.

    My other holiday treat is to watch A Christmas Carol--a 3 versions that I own. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't be seeing DH until December sometime, but I had forgotten about A Christmas Carol--love it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.