10/31/09

Recap of this week

Uh, not good, peeps!

But my kid won her soccer game today! WhooHoo!

Yeah, on the writing front not so good, BUT tomorrow starts NaNoWriMo! Now, I haven't signed up because I'm in the middle of writing my current novel, but it doesn't mean I can't play along! I have many friends playing the game and I intend to be there to cheer them on! AND one of my nieces sent me an email yesterday telling me that she wants to write a book! Yay! She has wanted to write a novel since high school and decided she would regret it if she never tried--so she's doing NaNo! Go, Jen!!

AND Candace Havens is having her Writing Game challenge starting tomorrow! I love this challenge! She randomly picks a number between 100 and 2500 words and that is your goal for the day, BUT you can bank your points for those days when you can't meet the goal--this is the weight watchers of writing! :-) Now, if you aren't writing new stuff, but are editing instead, she has goal pages posted.

I don't like the format I used this week, so I'm ditching it for my next week challenges. I'll try something new. Don't know what, but I'll pull it out of my a$$ and figure it out. I DO think accountability is a big thing.

Speaking of which, here are my totals for this week:

Margaret: 5449/15000 words written, 5 contest entries judged, scores, and commented--will verify scores and send back today
Jody: wrote some, tuned air guitar, partied hard on her birthday weekend
Karin: MIA, but anxiously awaiting grandbaby, did write 2000 words via FB contact and tried to unplug to write more

14 comments:

  1. 15,000 words is awesome! I only bled out about 5,000. There's still today and tomorrow, but my husband is home, it's Halloween, and we're going out to eat tonight. Don't expect to get too much done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, Edie, you misread my comment--I only wrote 5400 words out of the 15000 I intended to write, but 5400 or your 5000 words are better than zilch!

    I'm tweaking the contest entries and sending them back today, then I'm going to start editing the first 50 pages of RM for the GH.
    Tomorrow, I'll add new words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 1pm and I just woke up. Day one of operation Dead Until Dark was a success.

    Posted a photo on my Crackbook page......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your pics--you were one of the Robert Plant drones, weren't you? :-)
    You have to stay up until the witching hour and your B-Day, so rest, my pretty, rest . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you guessed it....I didn't even have to tell anybody what I was supposed to be dressed as....it was a "mature" (and sober) enough crowd that everybody remembered the 80s....

    Good thing I don't drink, I can't imagine having had that much fun and then not being able to remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. - Actually it was Robert Palmer.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay--I was close. I get a couple of bonus points, don't I?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You get bonus points for even having enough brain cells left to REMEMBER the 1980s.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I followed you over from Lori Brighton's blog. Congrats on getting the 5400 words in this past week. 5400 is over 5k better than 99.999% of the humans on this planet. :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Trish!
    Glad you stopped by. Did you enter Lori's first paragraph contest, too?

    I need to stop back and read some more entries! :-)

    I was skimming the entries the day after the contest closed when one jumped out at me. I recognized it. So I went through the contests that I judged last year and found it! The entrant was the only thank you I got in that contest, so I sent her a note, wishing her luck. I REALLY liked that story (gave it a perfect score) and hope she garners Megan's attention. . . though not to the detriment of my submissions, of course! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I did enter Lori's contest. I'm a sucker for these online ones. I recognized several entries from contests I've judged in the last few months too, (including several from the one I just judged) and then quite a few more from Karin's first line one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, Karin's first line contest--those were fun, weren't they? :-) I love these types of challenges, though I did choke on the kidlit one: sub a query, but log in two places that you mentioned it.
    Oh, well, maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Karin's contest.

    It's so fun to watch the openings unfurl.

    I never heard about the kidlit one, but it sounds confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The kidlit query contest was put on by an asst. agent of Andrea Brown literary.
    -the comments on blog and facebook were to generate traffic to her blog. Little did she realize that mentioning 'contest' would get her all the hits she needed.
    Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.