6/15/09

Draft #2

Okay, this week I'm getting serious about my second draft of MOGG. So far I've made it to page 16. Not a good thing. The first 30 pages will be the roughest and take the longest as I have to change the mom's POV to the daughter's POV and then layer description/ emotion/ characterization/ etc. to the story.

Two things are in my favor this week:
1) Rachel is at all day soccer camp. I have to fight traffic and take her to Tulsa University for a drop off at 8:30 and pick her up at 4:30.
2) My cyber friend Barbara is holding her monthly BIAW this week.

Once I get home, the timer will be put to good use. When I was writing this story I didn't know what kind of word count I was going to get, but when I hit around the 3000-word mark on the first day, I knew I could do it again. And by this type of dedication, I managed to finish the story.

I think I'm going to try something similar with my edits. And I may or may not blog this week. If I can blog without it interrupting my editing time then I will post on Wednesday and Friday. The same thing goes for my blog hopping tendencies. So without further ado . . .

Write on!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm starting my hard copy revision today. I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it, Margaret! I know you can do it. :) And definitely stick with what works. I have so much to do this week, including write. But I'm not far from saying THE END.

    Write on, girlie!!
    I'm rooting for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it. My total for today so far is about 2K. Impressive for me! But then, I got up at 3:30 this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.