11/12/08

Writer's Block

This question was posted by a prolific writer on one of my loops this week. And I have to say there were various answers to the question of how do we deal with it. The answers ranged from: force yourself to write to research and read.
I was the one who suggested reading and researching. I do this to help refill the well, jarring the writer out of a dead-end funk. I've tried the write through it phase and all I had was a bunch of crap that I had to delete. . . and it was more frustrating than it was worth. If I think about the problem for a day or two (walking is a great way to sort it out) or read to get my mind off it, then I seem to come up with an answer.
The key is to find a way that works for you.
What tricks do you use to keep working on your manuscript?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my little blog.