11/2/09

Dis and Dat

I need to buckle down to Candace Havens' Writing Game challenge. I sent her note asking about where to link her--and got NADA. True, she's busy pimping her own books, but still . . .
--Speaking of which, I'm already a day behind and a day late. 632 words in the hole that I need to write on top of the new count for today.

Food for thought, peeps: No matter where you are in your writing career, DO NOT alienate your readers, and potential purchasers, of your novel. True, you are only one voice, but many single voices add up to substantial numbers. Think about it.

I HATE cleaning house, but I like the end product--A CLEAN HOUSE

My family claims to eat leftovers, but they DON'T.
--And they complain that I don't cook enough. At the time of this blog post, I have in my fridge from last week: Beef Enchiladas, Homemade spaghetti sauce, pizza--two kinds, and yes, I make my own crust, chicken tortilla soup, a big vat of chili, and a smidgen of homemade marinara sauce. Feel free to come over and chow down!

Let your writing sit for a couple of months, if you can, prior to your final polish. For some reason, I pulled up a picture book story that I wrote earlier this year. My comment, "Oooohhh.....crap!" Now this isn't to say that it was a rough draft, it wasn't. This story had been through about six edits--four of them documented into a new word document. I read three sentences and my fingers itched to rework it!
--I guess it is a good thing I never queried this particular story! :-)

Today is laundry day. Laundry day is usually a good writing day. Why? Because of the built in breaks. Don't look at laundry as a chore. Look at it as an opportunity to take those much needed walkabouts from writing!

AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE NANO PARTICIPANTS!!

Write on!

9 comments:

  1. I love it that my husband eats leftovers. Once in a while, though, my dog gets an extra treat. She never complains.

    Have fun with Nano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Edie! Sometimes my lefties just grow some fuzzies before I give up on them.
    *sigh* Must write . . . after walkies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monday is my laundry day, too. And household chore day. And this week, recovering from a 72-hour birthday celebration day. I'm doing amazingly well. As a creature of the night I was in my natural element all weekend. It's going back to being diurnal that's going to kill me.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the work, Margaret! Don't give up.

    And I hear ya on the leftovers. Sometimes I just tell my family--it IS a leftover night. You want to eat? Then help yourself. LOL But I don't cook much. Not my forte. And at least they know that.

    And I have to go to the grocery store after work today. I was so busy over weekend I didn't have time. *sighs and bleh*

    Keep writing, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Jody!
    Glad you had a blast this weekend. Happy B-Day! Did you get the card I sent??

    *snork* We are such opposites--I turn in at 9 PM and wake up at 5-6 AM, while you go to bed when I'm thinking about getting up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Kira, you are such an upbeat person! Let me wallow . . . :-)
    I need to finish this stupid story so I can put it aside. Hopefully, it'll be better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I'm single with no kids, nobody in my house complains if I don't cook.. . .well that's not quite true. My one dog, who thinks she is a goddess will bark at me if I don't start cooking my dinner before eight pm.

    She seems to think I'm required to share with her.

    On word count...its Monday, which translates into a crappy writing day. I still have 340 words to finish before I can go to bed.

    Better get cracking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Trish--you are dedicated to your word count. I have to admit I had a lot more time to call my own, pre-hubster and pre-kiddo, but I didn't write back then, I killed a lot of time and hung out at the stables and rode my horse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've made a commitment to get my daily words in before bed. (Baring death, lol) Since I set the daily goal so low :lol: most of the time I have it done in the mornings before I leave for work. Except for yesterday and today. I still need 500 to make my quota tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.