1/26/15

Black Coffee


For years, I used to drink my coffee with cream and sweetener, but I don't want to waste the few Weight Watcher points that I had for the week. I decided I needed to change the status quo.

 
Then I started thinking...and I have to say this thought that I'm about to tell you isn't a new one, but I really don't have any scientific evidence to back it up. Oh, there are theories, but I don't think anyone has ever done the research.

I'm a firm believer that artificial sweeteners can cause weight gain, and that they can lead your body into insulin-resistant diabetes, and cravings.

The biggest problem is that artificial sweeteners taste sweeter than real sugar or honey, which makes you crave more of those products, which makes you eat more, which causes you to gain weight.

It's a vicious cycle.

Most of the time, I don't bother with artificial sweeteners. I don't trade off real sugar products (cookies, cakes, etc) with products made from sweeteners. Why? Because they count just as much, WW point-wise, as the real stuff. If I want something with sugar, I'll simply take the WW point hit. Not a problem.

The problem was my morning coffee.

First, I stopped using cream, and then I halved the amount of sweetener that I used.

And then, yesterday, I had my first cup of black coffee--Starbucks Dark French Roast...I probably should have started with a weak breakfast blend, but I didn't.

Yes, it is strong, but it also has a flavorful nuance that had been hidden under the sweetness.

I prefer dark roasts due to the flavor, now I can enjoy them even more!

Stay healthy!

Later, Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my little blog.