3/4/14

Fighting Back


It takes a concerted effort to start -- 'fill in the blank' -- again.


This has been me. 2013 was the year I allowed everything to get mired in the mud. 
  • my weight loss -- I've regained more weight than I care to admit right now
  • my writing -- I stopped writing. I was at a "why bother" stage in my life
  • my crocheting -- in 2012 and the beginning of 2013, I crocheted over 13 afghans. Major Burnout.
I was burned out on life, so I simply gave up. I did nothing in 2013. 

Well, I did write a couple of picture books, but I have no idea how to write picture books, so they don't count.

Giving up, my friends, is the easy way out. 

I'm too hard-headed and have never been known to take the easy way . . . well, okay, sometimes when I see others make the mistakes, I'm too smart to repeat them! But, in general, I will try to forge my path. 

In honor of kicking my butt into gear, I'm offering . . . 

For FREE!

Click the book cover, or this The Fast and the FAERIEous hyperlink. 
Poor faerie is stuck in a pickle jar! How did that happen?

So what changed? 

I did. Slowly. Since the beginning of 2014, I crocheted 2 afghans and I'm working on a third. 

I wrote yesterday. Considering I've been staring at the same words for almost two years, I actually put new words on the page-- 1605 of them to be exact. It's not a huge amount, but it's a start. 

And I read one Amazon review on FOR WHOM THE BELL TROLLS. . . 


5.0 out of 5 stars Loved all three, but... March 1, 2014
By Mindy
Format:Kindle Edition
PLEASE tell me there is more coming! Been waiting over a year. There is so much left in the story that needs to be finished.


With that kind of patience, how can I disappoint a fan? 

It's time for me to write, DRAGON DAYS OF SUMMER. . . and find a cover artist.

Later, Peeps!

2 comments:

  1. It took a concentrated effort for me to start walking again.

    Thanks to you and your recommendation of the map my walk app, I'm up to 50 miles per month!!

    So you go girl! 1605 words are a lot! Great start!

    Nancy H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Nancy!

    I just wish this weather would turn nice again. So tired of winter. I guess the last two winters spoiled me!

    Not as many words today day, due to an unexpected jaunt to the car garage when my driver's seat wouldn't move. I love the 6-way seat, but when it breaks--it really breaks!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.