12/6/13

Foodie Friday -- 7-UP Biscuits

Today was a snow day and all the schools were out, so I decided to try this biscuit recipe I saw on Facebook.

Now, I will mention that numerous people would post recipes on FB, but they were encrypted and you had to 'share' the recipe to get it. Well, my friends, home girl here doesn't play that game, and I found a way around this trick. This technique is right up there with chain letters, "SHARE" unless you want to go to He%%, or other such crap that people come up with.

Oh, and I found a way to copy the recipe . . .

I will also mention that I've made biscuits about three times in my entire life. Usually, I buy a can from the store and pop it open for fresh biscuits, or even buy the little hockey pucks in the freezer section.

This is a simple recipe requiring only four items. You might need to tweak the oven temps depending on your oven.


Makes 20-24 biscuits depending on thickness.

7-UP Biscuits
4 cups of Bisquick
1 cup sour cream
1 cup 7-UP soda
1/2 cup melted butter
 
Melt butter in two 9 X 13 pans.
 
Mix Bisquick, sour cream, and 7-UP. It will be very soft and loose. Knead and fold dough on flat surface using Bisquick to keep it from sticking. Pat dough out and cut biscuits using round cutter. Slosh melted butter around pans and pour excess into bowl. Place biscuits in pan and brush with excess butter. Bake 400 degrees F. for 12-15 minutes.
 
Tips & Tricks:
  • I used glass Pyrex pans
  • I made these biscuits 2 1/2 inch in diameter and 1/2-3/4 inch deep
  • I ended up with 22 biscuits using these measurements
  • Don't over crowd the pans. 12 biscuits per pan ended up being a good amount.
  • The original recipe called for the oven to be 425, but I thought it would brown too quickly . . .it did one of my batches. 
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. YUMMY Will give them a try Thanks for tips <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!
    I wonder if you can substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you decide to try the Greek Yogurt let me know how it works. This recipe is so simple that it should be an easy switch!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.