9/18/13

Weighty Wednesday -- Recommit

I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that I've managed to gain ten pounds since right before I went on vacation--IN JULY!

It's true.

But I hope this is 'new' fat and not 'permanent' fat. A couple of the ladies in my WW meeting yesterday coined this term. One tends to shed 'new' fat more quickly than the permanent kind.

What is 'new' fat?

The overindulgence of a weekend, or an event, in other words, a recent acquisition.

Whereas permanent fat has had a chance to get comfy and make itself at home.

Yeah, I think that's the type of fat I've managed to acquire.

I might have gained the ten pounds in the last eight weeks, but I've actually been fighting my pissy attitude since last Christmas.

Remember last week's blog, Weighty Wednesday -- Believe?

Well, I believed I didn't need to follow the program.

I believed I could do it on my own.

I believed I knew all the 'tricks'.

I believe I'm an idiot.

Look, I'm just like you, talking the talk, but not walking the walk.

Just because I made it to my goal and manage to stay there for awhile doesn't mean this journey is over.

It will never be 'over'.

Well, it's time I recommit to my health.

I don't like the way my stomach feels when I sit and the fat rolls over the other fat rolls to warm them up.

I don't like the way my shorts fit with the pockets of the flat front shorts poke out from under my shirt.

I don't like the way I look naked in front of a mirror.

If I don't like myself, why would anyone else like me? Right?

To that effect, I'm recommitting to my journey, my weight-loss journey.

I'm measuring, weighing, and tracking my food.

I don't expect to be back at goal weight by next week, but I DO expect to feel better and regain my positive attitude.

Are you willing to join me?

It really isn't that hard.

It jus takes a little commitment and hard work.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Later, Peeps!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Fall and winter are my worst times . . . beef stew, chicken stew, dumplings, etc. At least after the first hard freeze, I'll be able to walk without my allergies zapping me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last couple of days have been tough. I'm glad I'm tracking as it makes me realize what I have, and haven't been eating.

    The key, I think, with stew, chilies, dumplings, --comfort food--etc. is portion control. I know if I eat that for one meal, then I need to focus on veggies for my other meal.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.