6/6/13

Brenda Novak's For the Cure Auction Update

Brenda Novak's For the Cure of Juvenile Diabetes is now closed for 2013.

Brenda's efforts have raised $358,315!! with a total amount raised in all the years she's been doing this of over 2 MILLION dollars to help find a cure of Juvenile Diabetes.

My efforts were small compared to some authors, but every little bit helped.

My candy and afghan raised over $621!

My Angels All Around afghan raised $130.
 
Five boxes of Sea Salt caramels raised $255.
 
 Five boxes of Chocolate Truffles raised $236


The smallest bid that won a box of chocolate truffles and Sea Salt Caramels went for was $43.

The highest bid that won a box of chocolate truffles and Sea Salt Caramels went for $60.

Two people bid and won BOTH a box of Seas Salt Caramels AND a box of Chocolate Truffles.

The afghan will by USPSing it's way to the northern reaches of Alberta Canada today, but alas the chocolates will have to wait until Oct-Nov. to be made, boxed and mailed.

I want to thank everyone who supported this wonderful cause. It is close to my heart since juvenile diabetes runs in my family, along with adult-onset diabetes.

Later, Peeps!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and a big thank you for your hard work. Without generous people like you there wouldn't be an auction.
    This was my first year to bid on things and it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Meg!

    Many of the items I wanted to bid on quickly surpassed my miniscule bids.

    This is one way I can share my talents for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.