6/14/13

A Long, Relaxing Weekend

Today is the start of a long and relaxing weekend by the pool.

We pick kidlet up from camp this afternoon--don't worry, we'll hose her off before she's allowed to come into the house--the hubby's birthday is tomorrow and Father's Day is on Sunday. And on the 20th we'll celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary.

Time flies, doesn't it.

As the hubs and I were finishing the last bit of gardening, trimming, mulch fluffing, etc., I was thinking about marriage.

Why do some marriages stay together while others fall apart?

Why are some couples able to work together all day and yet still enjoy each other's company on their off time?

Why do some couples lose their identities during the child-rearing years and end up a divorce statistic when the kids are out of the house?

I don't have the answers, but I do know that my husband is my best friend. He makes me laugh, and I think I can return the favor. It's a big part of who we are.

We enjoy being together. We enjoy sharing the yard work. We enjoy each other's company. We enjoy doing things together.

Sometimes parents tend to get so involved with raising their children that they forget to nurture their own relationship. This is one of the wonderful things about sending the kidlet to camp. While she was at swim camp, I was at a loss with what to do with myself. But this last week, while she was at Girl Scout camp, my hubs and I enjoyed our alone time. We talked about everything, just like we did before we were married.

Though we are connected every day, we reconnected on a deeper level. It's nice to know we're still in sync.

I don't know what you have planned for the weekend, but enjoy the time you have with your loved ones.

Later, Peeps!


2 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to have your best friend also be your husband. Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.