1/23/13

Weighty Wednesday -- Back to Basics

I've been at my Weight Watcher's goal for seven months now.

It's been an up and down 7 months, but I've been able to keep my weight where I want it to be.

Christmas was difficult because I had bronchitis and couldn't walk in the cold, and the family was home, which meant more snacking, and I was eating dinner every night.

For me, dinner is the kiss of death.

Why?

Because I usually go to bed early (before 10 PM) and eating dinner simply allows the food to sit in my system while I sleep.

If you aren't moving around when the food is digesting then it doesn't need utilize it and it converts to storage--FAT.

When I eat do eat something for dinner, I usually lean toward a smoothie, or something on the light side, or I fill my plate with 2/3 veg and 1/3 or less of whatever else we're having.

But I've been lazy. I haven't measured anything in 7 months. I haven't weighed my food. I haven't been actively tracking. I've been snacking way too much--simply pouring a handful of nuts and going about my merry way. And I've been lazy about checking off my good health guidelines.

Though I have been walking again, but . . .

Guess what's happening?

Yep, my weight is creeping up the scale.

Technically, I'm still safe--within my +/- 2 pounds, but I'm getting too darn close for comfort on the upper end!

So it's back to basics for me, my friends.

Tracking, measuring, weighing.

It happens to all of us.

Notice I'm acknowledging this issue BEFORE it becomes a problem?

The key to success is to recognize the pattern and be willing to change the slide back into bad habits.

So it's back to basics for me this week. If I'm embarrassed to write it down, I don't want to eat it.

Aw, shoot--I just bought Valentines peanut M&M's!

Later, Peeps!


1 comment:

  1. Peanuts are on all the lists of "things people think are healthy to eat but aren't"

    Whereas, chocolate is perfectly fine. :) Get plain M&Ms

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.