8/23/12

Headaches and Goals

Went to bed with a headache and woke up with the same headache. I took some aspirin and antihistamines, but they didn't work. I'll try different type of antihistamine this AM.

What is more frustrating to me (other than tinnitus and the headache) is that I've gotten into a non-productive cycle again. I know what I need to do, but I find everything else to do other than what I have on the agenda for the day.

Yesterday, I played Spider Solitaire.

So, for today, I think I'll post my goals. Maybe being accountable to my blog will help. It isn't a big list, but each part is time-consuming and I think that's where I get into trouble. I need lots of quick easy goals to feel like I've actually accomplished something!

  1. Finish writing the Weight Watcher's essay to enter their Celebrate Success contest. And then find before and after pictures.
  2. Take all my Weighty Wednesdays, transfer them into Word Documents--will eventually print them to organize into chapters
  3. Judge the Golden Pen contest (5 entries)--I finally got a batch of historical entries instead of the series contemporary that I don't read. Only one score with loads of comments
  4. Make sea salt caramels for the kidlet's back to school night for her teachers.
  5. Work to convert/format my ebooks to paper.--this is tougher than you might think! 
  6. Oops--I forgot one!  Design a flyer of my books to put into my donated chocolates.
Well, okay, this is actually a week's worth of goals. See? I told you they would grow into a huge list. And this isn't even counting plotting any of my stories!

Oh, well, I won't be able to start until after I drive the kidlet to school, take my hour long walkie and shower. Yesterday, I wasn't dressed until noon and I had leave the house to pick her up at 2:45.

Bye-bye daytime! Hopefully this will make me more focused with the time I am given!

Later, Peeps!

2 comments:

  1. I've decided that I've got to try making a daily schedule because I'm letting way too much slide. I feel busy during the day, but when bedtime comes and I look back on what I've done, it's not impressive.

    Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things, Marilyn, but accountability is HUGE! I need to focus and manage my time better!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.