8/10/12

Foodie Friday -- Herbed Veg Medley

Quick and easy recipe today! This is the time of year when everyone has too many zucchini and yellow squash, so try this recipe, or some variation using different herbs.

I have about 6 months worth of cooking magazines to go through, plus some oldie, but goody Weight Watchers recipes that I'd like to share. School starts next week and I hope to be really back into the swing of things and back on a good writing/blogging schedule after I clean up my blog, linking my posts to their appropriate spots, and organizing my crazy documents folder.

I have three projects that I'd like to do, but the question is whether or not I can do them simultaneously!

Herbed Veg Medley

2 zucchini
2 yellow squash
2 carrots
thyme
lemon pepper
salt


Julienne the vegetables. Julienne? What the heck is that??

If you have a mandolin, use it to julienne, but watch your fingers. Grating the vegetables will also work, but I like the texture of the julienne better.

For years, I had to manually prepare the vegetables. Cut the vegetables into 2-inch lengths. Trim one side flat so the darn things don't roll on you, and slice them lengthwise into 1/8-inch widths. Lay flat and cut them into 1/8-inch again. You should have a pile of matchstick veg. Repeat with all the vegetables.

Toss with lemon pepper, thyme and salt in microwave safe bowl and cover. Nuke it for a minute or two until soft, but not mushy and serve.

Or add lemon thyme, lemon juice, salt, and a touch of white pepper.

Or any combination of  herbs you have in your cabinet.

Or toss with herbs, place in foil packet and put on top shelf of grill to steam while cooking chicken/steaks/etc.

See? Easy-peasy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my little blog.