4/8/12

Happy Easter!


While today many religions celebrate Easter Sunday, non-Christian religions also have similar celebrations. Though it's been many, many years since I took World Religions in high school, other religions have a similar idea of rebirth.

The idea of rebirth didn't start with the formed religions, it goes back to pagan times when we thanked the gods that the death of winter has given way to the renewal of life with spring.

When I think of Easter, I tend to think about all the people that I've known and lost over the years. Eleven years ago on April 4, my dad died. Though we didn't have the closest relationship, I am glad that I was able to let him hold my baby before he died. Though he was barely alert that last day, I still get a sad/happy feeling as I tuck that memory close to my heart.

But now is not the time to dwell on death, but to relive the wonderful memories of the people we have lost. To dwell on death is counter-productive and those who have passed on wouldn't want us to do that. This is the time of rebirth and renewal.

Celebrate the renewal of life and realize that your loved ones are in a better place, and that they will always be with you in your heart and your memories.

Peace, my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Margaret!
    Happy Easter to you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Meg! I hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.