1/2/12

Returning to Reality

Christmas is all wrapped up--literally. All my Christmas stuff is lovingly packed away and shoved into the tiny crawl space we call an attic. It took me longer to pack everything than it did to unpack. I dusted everything, mended broken items and shattered a couple more, and cleaned the seriously tarnished silver ornaments. No, I didn't think about cleaning them BEFORE I hung them up--remember, I have 'help' hanging the Christmas stuff and I didn't have a chance to even look at the ornaments before they were whisked away and hung on the tree.

Our household is reverting back to normal.

And today is the last day of vacation. Yes, I'm secretly doing the Snoopy dance at the thought of the big/little kid going back to work/school tomorrow. I can settle down in the quiet and start editing TROLL. My goal is to have it finished by the end of January.

Routine is my friend.

The fridge has enough food to last two weeks. I won't even need to cook!

I managed to finish off my Haribo gummi bears yesterday, so they won't tempt me while I try to get back on my weight loss track.

My goals are written and posted. And I even managed to start and finish one of my friend's books on my Kindle yesterday. It was a cozy mystery. It was okay. I figured it out from the get-go, but as a debut book it was a fun read.

I'll leave you with this picture of what has been the norm around my house this week. The children are playing Rayman on the Wii. They are really enjoying it. I think it ranks up there with Mario Galaxy 1 & 2.

Yes, the hubby has an animal pelt warming his legs . . . Her name is Maggie.  :-P

Later, Peeps!

6 comments:

  1. I was looking forward to getting back to normal today, and yesterday afternoon my husband said, "What are we going to do tomorrow?" That's when I found out he's got another day off.

    I love him, but I was really looking forward to getting back into my routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Edie. Hubby is underfoot today. I'm seriously thinking about doing the laundry just to get away!!!

    I need to establish a better "routine" this year.

    Wow Margaret. Maggie has sure grown. What does she weigh now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee, Edie, jokes on you! :-) Since we tend to follow the kidlet's school break schedule, I knew I wouldn't be 'free' until Tuesday. Today you can organize, tomorrow you can write. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Cyndi! But since hubby is retired, doesn't that mean he's underfoot all the time??

    I don't know how much Maggie weighs. I'd guess she's around the low 70's. It's hard to tell since she is so furry and looks HUGE!

    She really likes snoozing on the hubby. Katie did that too, but she was a little growly if you tried to arrange her more comfortably. Maggie doesn't care and FALLS ASLEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love 'em when they're home. Gotta love it when the house becomes yours.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.