12/23/11

FOODIE FRIDAY -- Taco Soup

This recipe has been in my files for many, many years. I think I picked it up during one of my previous Weight Watcher experiences. Trust me -- the current vision is the BEST version! Originally, it was one WW point per cup, but the calculations were different back then. Now, the points value (after I built the recipe in their program) is roughly 3 points per cup. Personally, I’d err on the heavier side of three and call it 4 points. Once the beef and onions are cooked, the rest of the ingredients are simply dumped in the pan. Easy-Peasy.

Uh, no my kiddo does NOT endorse this soup. I don’t know why, considering she will eat Hot Wings with the HOT HOT sauce on them. But who can fathom the minds of kiddos?

**Yes, this recipe freezes well **
Taco Soup

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
3 16-oz. cans Chili beans, undrained
16-oz can whole corn, undrained
16-oz can chopped tomatoes, undrained
15-oz can tomato sauce
1 ½ cups water
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dry salad dressing mix

Cook beef and onion until beef is browned; drain. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15-30 minutes.

Enjoy!

 

6 comments:

  1. Margaret, this is way too much for my husband and me. I'm sure my dogs would love to help out, but that's not going to happen.

    Does this freeze well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure does, Edie! In fact, I froze half of it because the kiddo won't eat it and it's just the hubby and me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know. I will make this sometime then. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love taco soup. Good time of year to eat it. Cold and damp outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Carla! This is one of my old comfort recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.