11/28/11

Brain Farts

Sorry this post is late today, but this time it wasn't totally my fault as my hubby was fixing my computer and by the time it was finished mirroring the DB, I was finished for the day!

I had a post all ready (okay, I had a title, but really no idea what to say!), so this post will be a bunch of brain farts.

  • I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I really enjoyed spending the time with my family. We need to do it more often considering there are quite a few of us who live within 30 minutes of each other. But with our own hectic lives, that doesn't happen very often especially in winter. This is why we open our pool and general backyard oasis to one and all over the summer months.
  • Over the holiday I did a fantastic job of watching my portion sizes and eating heavier fruits and veggies, BUT I really don't want to talk about Saturday or Sunday. :-( I did okay, but I also went into snacky-happiness mode and grazed more than I should have. Yep, all the sea salt caramels are gone . . . I shared most of them, but then  . . . well, I don't want to talk about it!
  • Today is weigh-in day. I just want to stay the same, considering all that I noshed on during the last seven days. I thought I would exercise every day, but that didn't happen. The weather was partly to blame, but I could have gone to the gym to walk on the treadmill, but I didn't. Oi! Today starts my morning walkies again! YAY! Too bad it's below freeezing . . . BOOOOO!
  • As much as I love our house, it is severely lacking in attic space and pantry space. We do have an attic that has an entrance in the top of our closet, but the roof line makes this a tough space to store any boxes, so we have a small crawl space that runs next to our game room. I am always amazed as to how much crap we can cram in there! Yep, this is where we store our seasonal items--mainly Halloween and Christmas--and suitcases. We pulled 10 large plastic boxes, plus an assortment of smaller ones that held Christmas stuff from this space. Who knew??
  • I just finished reading a story by Fern Michaels A CHRISTMAS IN TIMBERWOODS. Talk about disappointing! It was a mish-mash of stuff. It wasn't a romance, though romance was in it. It wasn't a mystery, because the reader knew 'whodunit' within the first few chapters. It wasn't a psychic story. It wasn't a suspense. It wasn't much of ANYTHING. There was so much head-hopping that I got dizzy reading it. I should have looked at the copyright date before buying it--it was originally written in 1999 and not 2011. Blech! Don't waste your time buying it. If you want to read it, you can have the book, but you have to live close to me because it wouldn't be worth mailing it to you.
  • The first Sunday of Advent was yesterday. Wow, I can't believe we are less than 4 weeks away from Christmas. I don't have my cards ready, but I do have a list. I don't have my candy made, but I have my fillings finished and a game plan. I don't have any Christmas stuff up, but it's out of the attic. I don't have anything bought or wrapped, but I have a few ideas. We're getting there.
  • When I wrote down the last book I read, I realized that I only have three more books to read to make my 'READ 50 BOOKS THIS YEAR' mark.
  • Which segued into looking at my progress on  my yearly goals. Some I reached, some I didn't. I'll probably post more about goals and goal-setting sometime during this month.
  • Two final goals for this year--1) finish line editing TROLL, 2) finish editing TWIST OF FATE and send it to a Carina Press editor.
Well, that's it for now.
Later, Peeps!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going back to bed now. I'm tired just reading about all you've done/are doing. I count myself lucky to be non-comatose most days since it got cold. I'm sure there's a fat, fuzzy bear yearning to hibernate inside me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree about the cold weather, Marilyn. But I don't mind it as long as I have some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.