7/29/11

FOODIE FRIDAY--Crustless Apple Pie

To go along with the theme of my inability to make crust (very sad, but true because my mother was a premier pie crust maker), I will post my mom’s recipe of Crustless Apple Pie. I will confess that this is one of my fall back recipes if I happen to have some apples that are getting a little old and grainy. Feel free to add more apples, but remember to adjust the cinnamon and sugar to your taste.

Crustless Apple Pie


3 apples
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ cup water

Streusel:
3 Tbsp. shortening
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt

Peel and core apples, cut in quarters and cook about ten minutes with cinnamon, sugar and water. Place in greased casserole. Sift dry ingredients and add shortening and brown sugar. Mix with hands and sprinkle over apples. Cook about 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Enjoy!

 

2 comments:

  1. Yumm! I think crusts are overrated when it comes to apple pie. Give me apples, cinnamon and vanilla ice cream, and I'm happy.

    The first few years we lived back here, I canned thousands of apples from our trees -- applesauce (which I don't eat) and apple butter (which I don't eat), and I both canned and froze apple pie filling. I don't think a single pie was made from all those quarts of filling, but it all got eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Too funny, Miz M!

    I usually don't usually use the measurements of this recipe, except to remind myself what goes in to it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.