11/22/10

Take a deep breath, and be thankful . . .

The holiday season has arrived.  In America, it starts with Thanksgiving on the last Thursday of November.  There are so many things to be thankful for, but I will simply wish good health to everyone. 

December is a huge holiday month for so many religions that I can't name them all, but I wish good will to any and all. 

This time of year we tend to live in our own little sphere and forget about others.  Try to keep your temper roped in when you encounter long lines, serious traffic tie-ups, poor customer service, etc.  A little love and happiness goes a long way, so remember not to snap at the poor slob just trying to do his job.  Allow extra time and don't wait until the last minute . . .

After all, your kids don't have to have the next Zhu Zhu pet or Fushegie ball, instead they simply want to spend time with you.

Love and Happiness.
Write On!

8 comments:

  1. I have my grandkid's shopping done already. I'm going to get either a notebook or laptop--used mostly for writing--for my Xmas gift. So will probably be out on Black Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way ahead of me, Edie! I have Christmas candy to make and all my shopping to do. Luckily, my kidlet is going camping on the second weekend in December. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any shopping to do, but I've got lots of things to make! That's the enjoyable part of the holiday season for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One year, I crocheted four or five afghans but I started them a year in advance. :-) I make candy. Todd makes wine. And we buy stuff for close family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After telling everyone we weren't buying presents this year, of course I found perfect stuff and of course I bought everything I found.

    Sigh. How to tell them I bought presents without them feeling obligated to buy us something. That's the problem. I want to give without getting anything in return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't tell them that you bought presents, just surprise them with, "I saw this and I knew it was you!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or, just don't give them to them AT Christmas. Wait a little longer. It's even more fun when there's NO occasion at all for the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Triple ditto the "hold your temper/customer service" bit. I can wait as long as it takes if I don't have to listen to people whine and complain. And I feel so sorry for the people just trying to do their jobs with so many people using them as verbal punching bags!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.