3/31/10

Sick Doggie

Sorry, I've been really scattered this week. Lots of personal stuff going on--not me, but the family (my mom, MIL and FIL).

And tomorrow, my OES (Old English Sheepdog) is going in for an endoscopy. She's almost twelve and we've been fighting her constant vomiting. Well, we found the wonder drug, Cerenia, but then over the last two weeks she's lost any interest in eating. If I had to guess I'd say she's lost around twenty pounds.

Yeah, not good. I would make her special things (eggs or pizza or beef and rice, shoot, I even tried cereal) and she would eat it once, but that was it. Of course, I'm having to shove her pills down her throat, covered in cheese of course, but this makes no one happy.

We thought the Cerenia pills were decreasing her appitite, so I stopped them two days ago, only to be rudely awaken by the sound of a dog trying to vomit. *sigh*

I'll update you on Friday.

Until then, Write On!

4 comments:

  1. Hugs to you and your doggy. I hope you'll find out how to help him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Edie. I totally lost it at the vets when I was picking up some stomach meds and her x-ray's. Normally, I'm pretty stoic, but I have a bad feeling what they will find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Margie. I'm sorry to hear about your doggie. They are such wonderful little fuzzy friends and bring such good energy to your life.

    Let me know how it goes. It's always worrisome when an animal doesn't want to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jody. It's been a rough couple of weeks. I'm trying everything I can to make her eat. I'm making all sorts of food for her, she might eat it once, but she just turns her nose up at it. At lunch today Todd and I were talking about various scenarios (okay, he was talking, I was crying, but that's another thing.), from worse case to positive. We're going to have a talk with the kidlet tonight. No matter how you try to prepare for the inevitable, you can't.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.