10/29/09

Day Four

Another non-productive day! :-( Again, no real reason except that it was chopped up and I couldn't get my mind around my story. My day is actually longer than posted, but in theory this is my writing time. No, I don't function AT ALL after dinner, so no late night writing for me!

8:15 submitted two first paragraphs (DC and RM) to Lori Brighton's contest to bejudged by Kensington editor. Both are in first person POV, not holding my breath. At least the top 20 will know that it 'fits' Kensington's lines.
8:35 walked kiddo to school
8:45-9:45 goofing off and blog hopping. Erica Orloff did an impromptu pitch feedback session. Subbed MOGG. Good feedback, needs a little more to make it better.
9:45-11:00 hubster called, meeting early for lunch, tried to get back to computer, but cat had vomitus ups issues, did laundry, cleaned up cat room--only to have to clean it again due to him using the litter box and sprinkling crunchies around the laundry room.
11:00-1:10 Lunch, shopping at fabric store, back to his work to get flu shot
1:10-2:00 Shopping at new Target. Of course, the layout is freaking different. And why the hell are the light bulbs near the baby clothes???? Okay, they are near the automotive and furniture area, too. But still across the freaking store?
2:00-3:15 put up groceries, stared at computer, updated FB status--felt like crap. Due to shot or front moving in?
3:20 got child from school
3:30-4:15 helped child with homework
4:15-6:00 started Chicken Tortilla soup while kiddo watched new Tinkerbelle movie, worked on my farm in Farmville

There you have it, my non-productive day broken down into segments.
Arm still hurts from shot, but my Tylenol PM did the trick and I 'feel' better, except for my shot arm.

Margaret: 4,504/15,000 completed--no new words. Okay, a few words, but I'm saving them for today's total.
Jody: No new words. Day job stuff. Tuning air guitar for Halloween/birthday weekend
Karin: MIA

I HAVE to get it together today. I just found out the kiddo is out of school tomorrow.
What's up with that Union School District???

Write on!

3 comments:

  1. My day wasn't productive either. I did enter two first paragraphs in Lori's contest. Then I was reading other paragraphs. No wonder I wasn't productive!

    But that wasn't really it. I started a scene, scrapped it, started over, and wrote something that was flat. Just before I went to bed, I got the right way to do it. I'll write it today. Some things you can't force.

    Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I started reading the other entries, too! One triggered a memory--I judged it in the 2008 Emily. The entrant had actually sent me a thank you note, so I had her email addy. I jotted a note wishing her luck. :-) I really liked her contest entry (100/100)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased to say that my inflatable guitar is now perfectly tuned. Any requests?

    I did manage to sneak in a little writing today (I can't help myself, when I get into a project it just consumes me to the point of ignoring the other stuff I SHOULD be doing) but probably not enough time spent on it to even register as a blip on the word-count radar.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little blog.